View Map to Receive Files - Quikscribe Player
Do the following to configure Quikscribe Player to receive files through a Network:
• Open Quikscribe Player.
• Click the Open a New Audio File icon.
• Select Setting in the menu at the top left.
• Select Path Maps.
• Select LAN in the top left drop-down box.
• In the Drives box select your shared network drive. Your drive may be F: or Q: or another letter as established by your network administrator.
• In the Folder box double-click the shared network drive, then double-click the folder QsFiles *, then double-click the subfolder Typists *, and finally double-click your named subfolder. Your named folder will now display in the New Site box.
• Click Add. Your name will now display in the Current Sites box. If you access the files of other typists or share duties with them, you may add their names to Current Sites.
• Click OK to close the Network Locations panel.
* In the description above the location of the files waiting to be transcribed is C:\QsFiles\Typists\typist name. Your location would be similar. Your network drive may be F: or Q: or another letter. Your named subfolder may be in another subfolder under QsFiles, such as Dictation, Staff, Estates, Dr_Doe, or Division2.