The Quikscribe Manager provides easy administration, monitoring, and management of the dictation files and folders waiting to be transcribed.
There are specific tools designed to assist an Office Manager or IT Administrator.
Office Manager tools include:
IT Administrator tools include:
QS Manager provides the following features:
- A single graphical display of all dictation files and folders sent to transcription
- Color coding for files and folders to denote current status (red is URGENT, purple is OVERDUE, etc.)
- The table listing for each folder may be sorted quickly by clicking on the field heading
- Search for files based on certain criteria (date created, author name, patient/case number, etc)
- Move files from one queue to another to reassign work flow
- Change the priority or “required by” time
- “Locked” file status indicates the file is open by the transcriptionist. In case there is a network file issue that has left the file in a “locked” state, preventing access to the file, you can easily “unlock” the file using the edit feature
- Change File Completion Instructions (such as “Print out on completion”, “Archive Audio”, and notification options (“Call Author”, “Call Secretary”, “Email Author” (with completed document), and “Email Secretary” (with completed document)
- Check billable times for Author and Typist
All edits, changes, and moves are recorded in the Typist History, providing a complete historical record of all actions performed on the file. This provides comprehensive tracking of every individual that worked on the file, and if the file was reassigned from one transcriptionist to another.
Search for Files
The Search feature (under Tools) allows you to search for specific files using any set of criteria. In the example above, the search was performed looking for all records created by author “Smith” with the the Required Date before Jan. 31, 2008. The resulting list appears with the desired field criteria, and the file(s) may then be moved to another queue or edited.
Reports may be generated to produce statistical results based on desired criteria, with output to MS-Access database or Excel spreadsheet.